At this point Thing One is visibly Boy or Girl, but I most likely won’t find out this week- the ultrasound machines in each exam room aren’t clear enough to get a real guess in, according to the OB. So unless someone wants to buy us a 3d ultrasound for Christmas, it’ll be mid January til we know the sex. Can’t wait!!
In the meantime, I plan on performing every single old wives tail gender determination experiment I can. In the hopes of comparing to the ultrasound gender and scientifically proving how unscientific these things are… and having some fun in the process.
If you all can think of any, PLEASE send them my way. I have:
1. One where you add some dates together- Like my birthday and the due date (or something- I’ll look it up later). If it’s even it’s a girl, if it’s odd- we have a boy! It might be the other way around… ehhh. Does it matter? =P
2. One where I pee on some baking soda to see if it foams up real crazy-like or not. The big foam is a boy. If it doesn’t do much, it’s a girl.
3. The wedding ring held from a string over your belly. If it swings in a circle, GIRL! If it swings back and forth, BOY!
4. Chinese Gender Chart: I have no idea how this works. It looks like a pantyhose sizing chart. Something about my age and month of conception. But my age changed about 2 weeks after conception so we’ll see… 😉
5. Ruby’s predictions: Now, this will be the only test that costs anything. I think it’s a psychic lady. Basically, I pay 5 bucks so she can talk to Grizelda or Balthazar in my uterus. This will not involve a string and 2 campbells soup cans… that I know of. Apparently she’s pretty accurate. It’s a little creepy, but anything in the name of science.
6. Heart Rate: if it’s consistently higher than 150, it’s a girl. If it’s lower than 150, it’s a boy.
7. Intuition. ‘Nuff said.
Does anyone have any more?? I’m not doing the Drano one- that’s just weird. I’d love more ideas, and PROMISE to do them if they don’t involve peeing in toxic chemicals. Help us have some fun!